Here is a list of suggestions that I have concerning how to go about preparing for the Managerial Economics Midterm exam that is scheduled for Thursday, November 12, beginning at 6 p.m.:
1. If you haven’t already done so, read through all of the lecture synopses:
- Introduction to Managerial Economics
- Demand Theory
- Production Theory
- The Analysis of Costs and Perfect Competition
- Monopoly and Oligopoly
2. If you haven’t already done so, study the solutions to the assigned problem sets:
- Problem set 1 – due October 8
- Problem set 2 – due October 15
- Problem set 3 – due October 22
- Problem set 4 – due October 29
- Problem set 5 – due November 5
3. If you haven’t already done so, work some, if not all of the “practice” problems that are available from the course website:
a. Chapter 2
b. Chapter 4
- Sample Exam problems and solutions.
- Class Problems and Solutions (from pp. 12-14 of the 10/15/2009 Lecture Note).
c. Chapters 5-6
d. Chapters 7 & 10
4. Attend the review session on Thursday night (11/5) and be prepared to ask lots of questions! If you do attend the review session, I recommend that you review the sample midterm exam and be prepared to work through it with me and the rest of the class during our time together.